If you need any common maintenance parts for your Toro Recycler mower, the Briggs & Stratton tune-up kit with Toro blade may be a good investment.
The kits sells on Amazon right now for $23.96, and it includes parts that are worth much more than that combined. A new Recycler blade typically costs between $15 and $20 by itself, and this kit comes with a blade, an air filter, a spark plug, and a bottle of Briggs & Stratton engine oil. Here are the part numbers for the different parts that are included, so you can make sure they fit your Recycler model:
- Blade: 131-4547-03 (replaces blade #108-9764-03)
- Air filter: 491588S
- Spark plug: J19LM (Champion)
- Oil: 18 ounces of SAE 30 engine oil
This tune-up kit is compatible with many different models of Toro mowers, including the following models: 20110, 20111, 20112, 20113, 20330, 20331, 20332, 20333, 20334, 20339, 20350, 20351, and 20352.
UPDATE: I received one of these kits today, and there are some noticeable differences from how the product is described on Amazon:
- The spark plug is not a Champion J19LM but rather an NGK 5798 BR2-LM; compatible and functionally equivalent, but not identical.
- The oil is not Briggs & Stratton oil, but rather Toro oil. Again, not a big deal -- it's still 18 ounces of SAE 30 engine oil -- but it's still not as described.
One interesting thing to note is that the air filter comes unwrapped. While that's probably okay, it's not ideal... you don't want the thing responsible for keeping dust and dirt out of your engine sitting open and exposed in a cardboard box.
On the upside, the kit comes with a small package (0.5 oz) of Toro fuel treatment (enough for a single use).
I would still recommend this kit as a good value, especially if you're going to be buying the blade anyway.